● Be sure to wear a helmet.
● Observe traffic rules and manners, and refrain from driving unreasonably.
● Bicycles are light vehicles. Drive in a row on the left side of the road.
※ If you cannot ensure safety on the road, you can drive on a bicycle-walking road.
※ When driving on a bicycle pedestrian road, give priority to pedestrians and slow down toward the road.
● Be careful of speed on low-traffic roads and in mountainous areas with poor visibility.
● Cars also tend to speed up. While driving, please turn on the front light and the tail light (or attach the reflector).
“Obligation to join bicycle damage insurance”
From October 1, 2019, when using a bicycle in Nagano Prefecture, it is compulsory to take out bicycle damage compensation insurance.